Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Open Market

Next Saturday, I want to go to the market at the Tony Burger Center.
Have you been on a weekend morning to an open market around Austin yet? It is a great opportunity to buy local products, and a good way to support our farmers. Not only can you find fresh local produce, you can also listen to great music. Some artisans have a booth so there is something for everybody. And the kids will enjoy the "petting zoo".
There is a list of all their vendors on the website below, something is going on almost every weekend! Check it out!
http://www.bartoncreekfarmersmarket.org/

SFC FARMERS' MARKET - DOWNTOWN
Saturdays 9am - 1pm
Republic Square Park, 4th and Guadalupe

Really nice recipes on this website.

SFC FARMERS' MARKET - SUNSET VALLEY
Saturdays 9am - 1pm
3200 Jones Road at the Toney Burger Center


SFC FARMERS' MARKET - EAST
Tuesdays 3pm - 7pm
MLK & Miriam Avenue


SFC FARMERS' MARKET - THE TRIANGLE
Wednesday 3pm - 7pm 
46th and Lamar at Triangle Park

"Trader Joe's" opened its doors back in September on Bee Caves Road, close to Loop 1. 
And have you visited "Wheatsville" on South Lamar? It is a brand new store by Hancock Fabrics. Very nice and clean look, lots of great organic products are available. I wish the prices would be more "friendly budget" though but I understand. 

I like Sprout, just across on South Lamar, as they have sometimes great organic vegetables or fruits on sale. I got some organic pink ladies this summer for 99 cents a pound. 

I enjoy the cooler weather and I made a lentil soup yesterday. So good!
In my next post, I will share with you the health benefits of this legume and suggest different ways to prepare them. 



1 comment:

  1. I just discovered Wheatsville..great place, their produce is just gorgeous (and tasty!).
    -Arati

    ReplyDelete