Pages

Thursday, September 12, 2013

Welcome to the Healthy Living Corner

Welcome to our blog!
We are 2 moms on a mission! 

My name is Marielle. I am a mother of 2, Thomas 10 and Charlene 23. She is a mom of 2 already which makes me ... a grandmother!

I moved about 20 years ago from Blois, 2 hours south from Paris, in the Loire Valley. It is close to a famous castle "Chambord". I spent my first 2 years in Louisiana (very small town called Winnsborro) and I have to say that coming from France, it was a cultural shock at first! But I survived.

Kristen and I met about a year ago. I hesitated to take on this mission because, as you will notice, I'm not much of a writer. But my desire to make a difference and help somebody is greater. If I can inspire just one person, then I will have succeeded. 

My name is Kristen.  I am a mother of 2 children as well.  Alexis is 16 and Travis is 12. I started my career as a Physical Educator 20 years ago with the primary focus being on the physical component.
 
It makes sense that I would be interested in fitness and active lifestyles being a P.E. teacher. When I became pregnant with my first child, I started for the first time to really think about what I was eating and the nutritional benefits of healthy choices.

 
My nutritional journey has continued through the years and I have learned so much and would like to share some of what I have learned with other families.

 
I notice that in my teaching there has been a shift to focusing not only on the skills and activities, but spending more time on the health component.

 
I am enjoying teaching our OHE students the values of a healthy lifestyle and look forward to taking it a step further and share some information with our adult Eagles.


But what is a "healthy life style" really? 

According to a study by Michigan State University, you live a healthy life style if you do not smoke, you keep your weight down, you eat right and you exercise regularly.



No comments:

Post a Comment